The Slut Line

I was listening to a radio station this morning and the discussion came about. At what point does one become a slut?

According to one of the talk show guest, anyone who enjoys sex a lot could be considered a slut. Whether male or female.

Now I understand that there is a double standard between men and women, and a guy could be considered a champ by his peers if he sleeps around whereas it’s not the case for the women.

However, I’m sure we would all agree that there are male and female sluts in this world, so at what point does one become a slut?

Some of the answers the audience gave were if a guy/girl has had sex with more than 10 people then the person is a slut. As much as this sounds good to some, one has to factor in the age of the person in question. E.g. A 16 year old with a 10 sexual partner history is definitely different from a 40 year with the same count.

Another point brought up was that it doesn’t matter how many people u have had sex with, but more so how many you are currently having sex with. E.g it shouldn’t matter if u’ve had 40 sex partners in the past as long as u’re currently just with one person, all is good. However if you’re currently sleeping with 5 or 6 people in the same time frame then you are considered a slut.

Other points raised were if one was sleeping with a person already involved with someone else (marriage or relationship), sleeping with someone your friend is dating, or sleeping with one for favors, gifts or money. All these can be considered slutty. Another notion subconsciously goes with the way a person (more so women) dress and carry themselves. I’ve been in situation where a girl in extremely skimpy clothing is automatically labelled a slut based on appearance alone.

Obviously I was intrigued enough about this topic and wanted to throw it out to the readers. What is the slut line? (So to speak). At what point does one get labelled a slut?

In today’s age of sexual freedom and revolution, is there even such a thing as a slut. I mean, you can technically say if you have sex before marriage, you’re slut which I’m sure some people strongly believe.

I’d love to hear the responses, so tell me, when does one cross that line and become a slut (so to speak). Let’s discuss.

Image source: http://trendsupdates.com

Article Tags: · · ·

Comments

comments

Software Engineer, Web Developer, Promoter, Blogger, and pretty much a jack of all trades and master of 2. Writes a variety of topics, ranging from Social Issues in Nigeria, to Relationships, and even Random Rantings (both serious and humorous)... follow me on twitter

Comments

Comments
  • Original Igbo Boy August 4, 2011 at 8:13 am

Any girl that has pre-marital sex in my book is slut. So in today's world, there are a lot of sluts out there.

No need to fake judge and call one a slut if you too u're having sex. It's like a thief saying i only stole once, but you have stolen 20 more times than me. You're still a thief.

• Igbo gal August 4, 2011 at 10:47 am

Hmmm….this seems ridiculous. You would reduce any woman to the label of slut simply because she had premarital sex? Good character, decency, integrity and morals notwithstanding? Lol. I'm sorry for you ooo! May you meet your virgin, lest you marry a slut yourself. In marriage, two become one flesh, hence you would then be a slut as well.

• Vee August 4, 2011 at 9:59 pm

What kind of stupid comment is this?

• really??? August 5, 2011 at 8:35 am

Original Igbo Boy you are something else sha…Infact, you should go and change your name to 'Original Stupid Man Whore' (drop the Igbo) because you are a disgrace to all Igbo Men…Now unto why you are so stupid…how convinient of you to say any girl that has pre-marital sex is a slut. The author of this write up specified he was asking when does one become a slut;that is, male or female. So you better clarify your comment. Are men that have premarital sex also a slut in your book?? They better be! if anything they are the biggest sluts to me…man whores oshi! And no Ive not been cheated on, but the double standard disguts me!

• ugo nduka August 4, 2011 at 9:45 am

Anybody having multiple sex partners is SLUT…male or female…Shikena!!!!

• hayeokoh September 19, 2011 at 12:36 pm

• Funmi August 4, 2011 at 4:36 pm

You'll know sluts when you see them… shikenan

• PussyMeChew August 5, 2011 at 2:42 am

As for me anyone who is in a relationship and is not faithful is a slut……If u r single n u fuck around den u r not…….dts my definition…As for @Orginal igbo boy, LOOL..man u funny, dude wake up dis is 2011………

• creme August 11, 2011 at 1:00 pm

so if ur single and u sleep around you're not a slut?…………hmmm this is news…u beta stop decieving urself dere.

• PussyMeChew August 5, 2011 at 12:30 pm

TO me a slut is anyone who cheats while in a relationship……apart from dat any oda tin is called having fun

• Tayo August 5, 2011 at 12:47 pm

Igbo man, haba. Wetin dey now. Se how u dey vex these ladies?

• Realgirl August 6, 2011 at 4:11 pm

When did slut cross the clear line of anyone who simply gets paid to fuck? Anything else is simply Social Study ;-)

• creme August 11, 2011 at 1:00 pm

GBAM!!!!!!!!!!

• rose August 6, 2011 at 8:22 pm

This is one more reason why some NIgerian gurls including my self are really thinking twi ce abt marrying Nigerian men… Igbo boy you and a few others just spoil it for the few 9ja boys who are actually worth considering…. such ignorance…

• RMG August 8, 2011 at 9:30 am

@Rose , I concur! @ so- called original igbo boy, In MY books, any male creature that’s had pre-marital sex as much as once is a SLUT! I bet you’re on one ‘em!If a woman is considered a slut for sleeping with a man, what’s the man tagged?a bigger slut! How dare you speak of females that way!!!

• afrocentric August 10, 2011 at 3:17 pm

a person is considered a slut, when someone calls your name, and everyone knows who you are, and has something negative to say. lol.

• nnedaddy August 17, 2011 at 2:07 am

My definition of a slut is someone who has no form of discretion about their sex life. Let's face it, we all do what we're not suppose to do; however, if you are so open with it and let any guy/girl grope you in public and laugh and think it's ok then yea you may be a slut

• josiah September 4, 2011 at 8:42 pm

Hahahaha I really pity the poor igbo boi who became the scape goat. A slut according to the dictionary means a promiscuous woman so hw come some pple re including men hre

• Henry September 6, 2011 at 5:46 am

Any one either Man/women that’s into a relationship. Married or single having sex wit the 3rd party is termed “Slut”

• Henry September 6, 2011 at 5:49 am

Any woman that’s into a relationship. Married or single having sex wit the 3rd party is termed “Slut”

• boss October 5, 2011 at 3:55 pm

everyone wants a master key but no one wants a shitty lock

• Baby girl November 19, 2011 at 7:27 am

If tagging any one dat engage in pre-marital sex a slut,then 90% of the ladies including ya sister,ya daughter and ya fiancee is a slut.but i will say any man or woman who engage in sex in exchange with material things is a SLUT.